USAID's Investments for Economic Development in Afghanistan - Dollars to Results
FY 2011 $635.6 M
FY 2012 $428.9 M
FY 2013 $397.4 M
FY 2014 $344.8 M
Economic growth and expansion of economic opportunities are a necessary condition for developing a resilient Afghanistan in the long-term. Economic growth will help stabilize Afghanistan and improve national security for the U.S. and other countries.
USAID's Economic Growth program in Afghanistan aims to:
- Build necessary infrastructure;
- Build a strong agricultural sector;
- Promote trade and investment;
- Promote private sector competitiveness;
- Promote economic opportunity;
- Build a strong macroeconomic growth foundation; and
- Promote a strong financial sector.
Disclaimer: Dollars to Results links spending in a fiscal year to results reported for that same year. The data may differ from other USAID and U.S. Government websites because they use different timeframes and reporting parameters for information displayed. Please refer to the FAQs for more details.