USAID's Investments for Economic Development in Ethiopia - Dollars to Results
FY 2011 $21.7 M
FY 2012 $35.5 M
FY 2013 $33.8 M
FY 2014 $62.8 M
In the past five years, Ethiopia has experienced substantial growth in all three major economic sectors: agriculture, industry, and services.
USAID's Economic Growth program in Ethiopia aims to:
- Promote agricultural growth to boost gross domestic product and employment;
- Help transition Ethiopia from a state of chronic food insecurity to one of long-term growth;
- Increase agricultural productivity;
- Ensure that growth is broad-based; and
- Improve linkages to domestic and international markets.
Disclaimer: Dollars to Results links spending in a fiscal year to results reported for that same year. The data may differ from other USAID and U.S. Government websites because they use different timeframes and reporting parameters for information displayed. Please refer to the FAQs for more details.