USAID's Investments for Health in Malawi - Dollars to Results
FY 2011 $71.3 M
FY 2012 $73.7 M
FY 2013 $87.5 M
FY 2014 $92.8 M
USAID supports the Government of Malawi in its goal to provide access to basic health services for all—a daunting task given widespread poverty and a predominantly rural and hard-to-reach population.
USAID's health program in Malawi aims to:
- Expand access to family planning and reproductive health programs;
- Support comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care programs;
- Reduce the impact and spread of malaria;
- Reduce maternal and child mortality rates;
- Improve child health through access to nutrition programs;
- Improve tuberculosis detection and treatment; and
- Improve water supply and sanitation.
Disclaimer: Dollars to Results links spending in a fiscal year to results reported for that same year. The data may differ from other USAID and U.S. Government websites because they use different timeframes and reporting parameters for information displayed. Please refer to the FAQs for more details.